This article, Norman Babcock, is under active construction! LAIKA Films Wiki apologizes for the inconvenience.
Norman Babcock is the main protagonist of ParaNorman. He is an eleven year old boy and an outcast who speaks to the dead. Blithe Hollow's inhabitants don't believe him, including his own parents. He is the little brother of Courtney and the son of Sandra and Perry Babcock. He is born in netiher 2000 or 2001.
- "I didn't ask to be born this way..."
- (as one of the pilgrims) "THE DEAD ARE COMING!!!"
- "He's my dad. He shouldn't be afraid of me..."
- "That's, uh... not his chin."
- "No. No, I don't wanna go! I wanna go home! I don't wanna go!"
- "I'm Norman... Norman Babcock... you don't actually know me, but I know you."
- "Is everyone alright? No one got bitten?"
- "Everyone in the real world thinks I'm a freak! And you know what? Maybe they're right. Maybe I am a freak, but I never ask for your help. Just go!"
- "You're just like them, Agatha, you're a bully!"
- "There's always someone out there for you. Somewhere."
- "How could you? She was just a little kid... she was no different than me!"
- "I keep telling you, Neil... I like to be alone."
- "So whenever you wake up, you play this mean game, but you don't play fair!"
- "Sex and violence."
- "Well, the zombie is eating her head, grandma."
- "(to Alvin) I think you'll be safe..."
- "Hey dad, grandma said can you turn up the heating, her feet are cold."
- Norman plays baseball as shown in one of the pictures in the movie intro.
- There are 275 spikes in Norman’s signature hair style. His hair was primarily made out of goat hair held together with hot glue, hair gel, fabric, and super glue – as well as medical adhesive, Pros-Aide make-up adhesive, thread, and wire. Once built, it was hand-finished with paint and human hair dye.